Monday 2 September 2013

Fancy Nail Art Tips & Lunch Date With My Mammy!



This November 5th will be my brothers birthday and as he didn't want a party, to celebrate him and my Dad went to Silverstone for the weekend to see the Motor GP. Both of them had an amazing time but I hate to say it I think me and Mam had an even better time!! We decided we would go out for a meal followed by cocktails. Before we ate, we popped to Superdrug to pick up some new nail varnishes as I was out of clear.


My local Superdrug had an offer on for 3 for 2 so of course I had to take the offer up! After a while of trying to pick some nice colours, in the end we went with the colours above and of course, I couldn't wait to try them out and of course, Mum was more than happy to be my model! 




After playing around for a bit, I came up with this design. It's pretty and elegant and not too OTT! I created the tip by firstly painting the nail in a coat of clear varnish and leaving to dry. (By the way, I would highly recommend Barry M's 3 in 1! I will write a review soon.) Once I had done this, I took my Barry M Nail Art Pen and drew on the flowers and then using a small brush, coloured them in with our chosen colours. Once the colours had dried, I drew over my black lines again to darken them and cover up any places where I might have gone over. Finally, I covered in a top coat. I was really chuffed with these nails and Mam was too! Very simple to do and very effective!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's so pretty! I wish I could draw such intricate designs on my nails :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Honestly I'm sure you could! With the right tools its easy! Xxx

    ReplyDelete